Codes and Frequencies
FALN reports whether or not the respondent relied on financial support in the form of loans from a bank, government, or the academic institution in order to take courses since completing a college degree. Related variables about financial support while taking courses after college include FAAST, FAEM, FAERN, FAGFT, FAGRN, FAOT, and FAPLN.
In the NSCG samples in 1997 and 1999, some cohorts did not receive the question "From which of these sources did you receive financial support for coursework or enrollment?".
In SESTAT NSCG 1997, the NSCG 1990 Decennial cohort was not asked the question, and the cases were assigned a code of 97 (Survey Exclusion/Confidentiality).
In SESTAT NSCG 1999, The NSRCG 1993 and NSCG 1990 Decennial cohorts were not asked the question, and the cases were assigned a code of 97 (Survey Exclusion/Confidentiality).
- SESTAT NSRCG 1993: Took courses/enrolled in college/university between most recent degree and April 15, 1993
- SESTAT NSRCG 1995: Took courses between most recent degree and April 15, 1995
- SESTAT NSCG 1997: Took courses between April 1995 and April 1997
- SESTAT NSRCG 1997: Took courses between April 1995 and April 1997
- SESTAT NSCG 1999: Took courses between April 1997 and April 1999
- SESTAT NSRCG 1999: Took courses between April 1997 and April 1999
|SESTAT||SESTAT||SESTAT||Full SDR||Full SDR|